The objective of the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti-Inkster Kappa Leadership Development League (AAYI Kappa League) is to promote and develop the leadership potential of its members through participation in club oriented activities and motivation to raise their aspiration level.
Kappa League members participate in activities and develop projects that will expose them to planning, implementing and discussing ideas that stimulate good leadership characteristics. All activities and programs are drawn from one or more of the Kappa League’s Five Phases that include:
- Self-Identity - Discipline, Assurance, Awareness, and Appearance
- Training - Academic, Career-Choice, Preparation, and Organization
- Competition - Politics, Career Advancement, and Sports
- Social - Religion, The Arts, Entertainment, Conversation/Communication, and Etiquette/Manners
- Health Education - Physical Fitness, Sex Education, Drug Education, and Health and Safety.
Who Can Join
We invite young men entering high school grades 9-11 who seek to increase their leadership skills and are interested in the issues and topics we focus our efforts on. Members will be asked to:
- dedicate enough time to participate and grow in the organization;
- maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in each semester they participate; and
- commit to following Kappa League guidelines for behavior and conduct
Cost of Membership
Most of the costs of Kappa League are covered through fundraisers conducted by the club and a budget that is allocated by the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti-Inkster Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc. There is an annual membership fee of $75 per student, as well. Scholarships are available, if needed.
How to Join
The application period for the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti-Inkster Kappa League runs during the Spring until June 1. This year's recruitment will kick off with an Information Session in early May at the Crane Liberal Arts and Sciences Bldg at Washtenaw Community College. If you would like and invitation and more information about the Information session, please fill out the following registration:
For More Information
Contact us at:
Richard King, Kappa League Committee Chair